The two most important things for a great paint finish are: A good quality paint, and the right paint brush to match the paint type and surface. People seem to overlook the importance of choosing the right applicators when planning a paint project. The fact is, even fancy ‘one-coat’ paints will never live up to their potential unless they’re applied with the right applicators.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN CHOOSING YOUR PAINT BRUSH
A good quality brush is more economical in the long run than a cheap throw away type. With simple cleaning and care, a quality brush can last for years as well as being a joy to paint with. The first 3 things you need to think about are:
1) The type of paint you’ll need to use
2) The type of surface you’re painting
3) The quality of the finish you’d like to achieve
CHOOSE A QUALITY BRUSH
A good quality brush ensures a thicker, more consistent and smooth paint finish that improves the durability of your paint job.
• Good brushes have long ‘tapered’ bristles that are designed to avoid brush strokes being visible on your finished paint job.
• They have nailed-in, stainless steel ‘ferrules’ that will never rust and will prevent the shedding of bristles.
• It’s been engineered to hold more paint so you dip into your pot less often.
• The handle is more ergonomic so its easier to hold and to use and is a lot more comfortable when painting for long periods.
• A quality brush is designed to last.
Buy a pack of brushes for best value.